Do you know your skin type? In order for us to choose the correct facial routine and choose the products that are right for us we first need to understand our skin type.
• Normal skin: -Neither dry or oily
-Very few discoloration or variances
-Appears smooth and clear (pores
🌻 Oily skin: -Shiny presence
-Prone to acne and blackheads
♾ Dry skin: -Flaky, dry, or red patches
-Tight appearance with small pores
-Looks dull or lackluster
-Wrinkles and lines may develop more
• Sensitive skin: -Blotchy patches
-Prone to rashes and irritation
-Broken Capillaries (enlarged
blood vessels beneath the skin)
-May feel itching or burning
🌻 Combination Skin: -Areas around chin,
forehead, and nose may be
HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR SKIN TYPE?
1. Wash your face and pat dry.
2. Leave your face as is for a couple of hours without putting any makeup products on.
3. Using oil blotting paper dab on one area at a time.
4. Look to see which areas leave oil residue on the paper if any.
*when doing this know that areas like the forehead and nose are naturally a little oily
Of course with any of these skin types there’s the daily face cleansing, toning, moisturizing and weekly exfoliation. But skin care goes beyond that !!
5 FACTS OF SKIN CARE:
1. We’ve all heard it before DRINK PLENTY OF WATER !! Drinking water and eating foods that are rich in omega 3 fatty acid will keep your sling plenty of hydrated. Example foods: fish, walnuts, flaxseeds, basil, eggs there are plenty more here ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
2.Exfoliating works wonders for dry skin !!!!!! If you are a person who suffers from dry face (that’s what I call it) then you want to exfoliate at least twice a week. Getting rid of the old dead skin cells is key to moisturizing dry skin with that dead gone it makes your moisturizer able to do its job.
3. If you live somewhere where it gets cold then you know your sling tends to dry out a lot faster, but mostly at night. Keeping a humidifier in your room can help add moisture back to the air and try to keep the thermostat down.
4. Both cream and lotion moisturizers are effective but there is a difference between the two. A cream is meant to to seal your skins moisture. A lotion helps your skin look more radiant.
5. The most effective moisturizer has water listed first as it’s ingredient. With a light oil listed as its second ingredient. Example of light oils: jojoba, Argan, rosehip, apricot kernel oil.
Also CONSISTENCY!! A lot of this I have repeated from a previous post but consistency is key to all sling care routines.